Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My basil runneth over

As we all know by now, I am a sucker for a farmers market. It's pretty clear I have some major veg love.

Last weekend I hit up the Ann Arbor Farmers Market and there was a colorful bounty of AMAZING tomatoes, peppers, corn, berries and herbs. And speaking of herbs, basil was the star of this Saturday morning. It was everywhere! Needless to say, I came home with a giant bag full, leaving me with the challenge to use it all. Can one ever use a giant bag of basil? Well I certainly tired. Here are two tasty, basily treats I came up with.

Heirloom tomato, mozzarella and basil salad and a basil infused green tea. Summer love!
Basilb

And just because I can't help myself, here are some vegetable beauty shots.
Tomatoesb

Swiss Chardb

081410_Veg groub b

Signsb

4 comments:

  1. You and your veggies :) I LOVE it! I think you could be a vegetarian chef, your food shots always look so yummy.

    A funny "British-ism" that Nick and I took to while we were in London was how they'd call their sides "veg" -- as in, I'll take chicken with "veg". Cute huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie: How beautiful your photos are, so nice to see that you are so successful. I will continue to watch your work.

    Sarah (Whitney and Taylor's mom).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Keiser! It's great to hear from you! Thanks for the comment, I've had quiet a photographic journey over the last decade or so.

    ReplyDelete