Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ARCHIVES: Memories from Africa

It's been over a year since I returned from my adventure in Africa. While digging through my archives this week, I came across photos and some video of my teammates Steve, Gina, Nick and Dan. I thought I'd share some of our memories here and hope to add more as I can continue to dig.

Behind every great photo, there is a great story. There is certainly a great story behind this one, see below.
Team 3

Dan's Clean Mouth from Melanie Maxwell on Vimeo.

We spent an afternoon at a boys school in Mozambique. As you can see, Steve, at left, got his groove on.

Team 12

Here's the epic tale of our 9 hour trip to Chimoio, Mozambique

Epic trip to Chimoio from Melanie Maxwell on Vimeo.


Then of course there was our trip deep, deep below the surface. I don't think anyone had a clue what we had in store. There is something very strange about being that far underground. It sort of felt like I was at some sort of Disney attraction.

Miners

Copper Mines from Melanie Maxwell on Vimeo.



Team 8

Team 6

I have no idea why I am smiling in this photo, I am pretty sure I was anything but happy.
Team 10


Some sunset wheelchair basketball in Lusaka, Zambia.
Team 11

Wheelchair basketball Zambia from Melanie Maxwell on Vimeo.



Team 5

Dinner boat cruise in Livingstone, Zambia.
Team 1

Gina sending me a message!
Team 9

No comments:

Post a Comment