Friday, May 28, 2010

Never catch a line drive bare-handed

So, it's been awhile since my last post. That is in part, due to what happened this past Sunday. I was assigned to shoot Michigan softball at Alumni Field here in Ann Arbor. I was shooting from the third base dugout during the last inning as the opposing team was up to bat. Because it was the opposing team, I wasn't focused on the batter but our team at first base. It was because of this that I see didn't the foul ball the batter hit coming until it was too late to move. Fortunately, I looked up from behind the camera in time to deflected the ball with my right hand. The speed of the ball ended up breaking my right ring finger! Ouch! I am certainly very lucky that I looked up from that camera, I could have been hurt a lot worse! It's a good thing softball season is coming to a close because I think it's going to be awhile before I can shoot from that dugout again!

Frozen peas

hand

No comments:

Post a Comment