Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A handmade Christmas for Mom

Back in September I had the great idea to make a quilt for my Mom as a Christmas present. I was struck by a flurry of inspiration and apparently a bout of amnesia, blocking the memories from my previous quilt making endeavors. Hey, it's September, that's plenty of time to sew a quilt from scratch and with no pattern, right? The short answer to that is yes, plenty of time for stitch ripping and cursing up a storm! It seemed like a good idea anyway and in the end I think it was worth the effort.

Here is a short photo essay of the life of a handmade quilt. Hope you like it Mom!

Quilt 01b

Quilt 03b

Lue Machine 02b

Quilt 03ba

Quilt 02b

Quilt 04b


Quilt 05

Mom Quilt 01

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! Look at Lucy in there ....TOO CUTE! It's a beautiful quilt too Mel... love the fabrics you picked!

    Can't wait to see you in January and talk crafty talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a daunting task but even more, a true gift from your heart! One which I will treasure always! I love you, Melanie Rose! Thank you! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt!! Nice work :) Now only if we could teach kitties to sew!

    ReplyDelete